|"Whatever you can do or dream you can do, begin it.... boldness has genius, power and magic in it"
The Purpose of Executive Coaching
Individual coaching should provide tailor-made learning at its best, as this is the key to the realisation of potential.
Widely regarded as a perk to those who receive coaching within a company, its aims are to explore and enhance business performance as well as personal development, and to enable the executive to be more resourceful, effective and flexible.
“The aim (of coaching) is to help and support people to manage their own learning in order that they may maximise their potential, develop their skills, improve their performance and enable them to become the person they want to be” (Parsloe and Wray, 2000:22)
Coaching may address issues such as:
- SELF AWARENESS AND SELF RESPONSIBILITY
- PERSONAL STYLE OF OPERATING, INTERACTING & COMMUNICATING
- MANAGEMENT/LEADERSHIP STYLE
- INDIVIDUAL OR ORGANISATIONAL TRANSITIONS OR CHANGE
- CAREER CHOICES & PROGRESSION
- WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT & MEANING